I was going to post about how I connected with my domestic goddess and baked muffins this morning but as it is my 100th post I thought I would share a pattern with my readers.
This is Piggywig. I only started him this afternoon so he is a super quick knit if you needed a present in a hurry.
He's about 12cm tall. You'll need straight 2.75mm needles, a darning needle, some polyester stuffing and oddments of yarn in pink, blue, green, cream and black.
Gauge is not too important - I knit at about 9sts:10rows:1 inch - just make sure that your knitting is nice and tight so the stuffing doesn't show through.
Body Using pink, cast on 30 sts. Mark the centre of the cast on sts. P 1 row. Next row: Inc K-wise into every st - 60 sts. Beginning with a P row, st-st 7 rows. Next row: (K2, K2tog) to end - 45 sts. P 1 row. Break off pink and join on blue. Beginning with a K row, st-st 10 rows. Mark the centre of the last blue row. Break off blue and join on green and cream. Work 10 rows in 2 row str…
Decided to try to make a star this evening. Starting for Christmas very early this year! Had originally intended a 5-point star but it turned out better as a 6-point. It only took me about 2 hours max so I decided to share the pattern.
Christmas Star - tree decoration
Make 12 diamond shapes as follows:
Cast on 10 sts. Row 1: K1, K2tog, K5, Inc K-wise into next st, K1 - 10 sts. Row 2: P1, Inc P-wise into next st, P5, P2tog, P1 - 10 sts.
Repeat these two rows 3 more times.
Arrange the diamonds in a circle with cast on edges all facing the same direction.
Join the diamonds together in the centre as shown below:
From the 12 diamonds, you should end up with two stars each consisting of 6 diamonds sewn together. With right sides to outside, oversew across all outside edges, stuffing lightly as you go. (Initially I sewed it together with right-sides together to hide the seam but it meant that the points weren't as sharp).
I haven’t doing a huge amount of sewing lately. But I trying to get back into it, and get to grips with the rules around CE marking (which I only learned about recently).
I’m continuing with the redesign of my rag dolls. The one on the right had a funny body shape and the arms stuck out wrong. The one on the left fits better with the shape I was going for. Next up will be to work out a pattern for the hair, and I’m waiting on CE compliant felt so that I can work on the face.