Some Lovely Books

Another hang-over from when I was sick.  I got some books on my Amazon wishlist for my birthday from DH.

First up, Plush-o-Rama.  This book is full of really weird and wonderful designs.  Probably a bit more adult or out-there than the toys I tend to make, which are more cute-sy, but it will definitely be used for inspiration and in learning more about constructing toys.

Next up, a book that I keep getting out of the local library - The Essential Guide to Colour Knitting Techniques.  A really good reference book with lots of great ideas for using colour and texture in knitting.  I really want to start using more patterns in my actual knitting so this book will come in very handy.


A really lovely book to browse through - Tilda's Studio.  This book does have information on how to make the stuff you see in the book, but I see it more as an inspiration book.  There are some really beautiful photos and nice ideas for how to put colours and objects together.


And lastly, another reference book for knitting - 400 Knitting Stitches.  Kinda does what it says on the tin!
Once again, I hope to use this to add more texture and more interest to my knitting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100th Post - Piggywig (free pattern)

May Giveaway Day