New Prototypes

For a while now I’ve wanted to develop a fabric doll with a rounder head. I do like the rag dolls I currently make, but they can’t wear hats well because of their wide flat heads.  So today I finally got out the paper, fabric and sewing machine. I hadn’t done any sewing since Christmas - I think sewing 50-odd dolls in the run up to Christmas wore me out!

The first prototype had a square head. The second had a better shaped head but the neck was far too long and skinny to support the weight of the head. The third (on the right) is getting in the right direction. It has a flatter face with the back of the head being more rounded.


Now I just need to get more stuffing and keep sewing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100th Post - Piggywig (free pattern)

May Giveaway Day