There's a Mouse in the House

C is away on his stag this weekend, so I was sitting on my own last night watching telly around 11pm when I notice a mouse jump down off the fire mantlepiece and hide down behind the tv unit. And the stupid cat was asleep in the kitchen all the time!
I was a bit freaked out but figured it was stuck downstairs so I'd go to bed and worry about it the next day.
So I got ready for bed and settled in under the covers. I heard a little bit of noise, which I thought was just the lead of my mobile phone recharger settling. Then I heard more of a rustle noise, like through paper. I jingerly got out of the bed and switched on the light - just in time to see a little mouse run under the bed. Queue the freak out!
Only a little one though as I quickly realised I was basically home alone and would have to deal with the mouse myself. Cut to me crawling around on the bedroom floor with a torch and a little box, to maybe catch a mouse?
I'd say I looked a fright! No sign of the mouse after that so I went back to bed and rationally told myself to go to sleep as this mouse was not going to eat me. And had a great night's sleep after that!
No sign of the mouse all day today. The cat was sniffing around the kitchen around 7pm so I think he was back, but I didn't see him. I've a few mousetraps left for him anyway.

I'm presuming that is was the same mouse both times and that there is only one mouse!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100th Post - Piggywig (free pattern)

May Giveaway Day

SMS May Day Giveaway - Handmade Toys