Stripey Elephant

Its party season around our way. We have a party to go to next Saturday for a little guy who was born six days after Emily.

I wanted to take a little break from knitting so I decided to sew a present for him. And out came 'Toys to Sew' by Claire Garland. I got it last year at the Knitting and Stitching show but actually hadn't made anything from it yet.
I picked the elephant to do and chose some nice stripey fabric that I actually got at the same show.

I'm really pleased with how he turned out. I changed some things - I gave him a plaited tail rather than a sewn one, and sewed circles of contrast fabric to the base of his feet rather than circles of felt.

It was a pretty easy and quick toy to make. Sewing the body was a little tricky and it took me a little bit to understand how I was supposed to do it but once I got into it it was fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100th Post - Piggywig (free pattern)

May Giveaway Day